Senior Account Manager
We’re looking for a seasoned account manager with a passion and energy for quality service who can:
- Hold their own when it gets busy
- Develop strong relationships with senior clients
- Speak with authority around media channels, strategy and creative
- Manage budgets and timelines with multiple streams of work
- Develop a deep understanding of a client’s business environment and needs quickly
- Successfully deliver projects in a timely and professional manner
- Be resourceful in meeting client requests – able to diplomatically question and provide solutions for unrealistic ones
- Be the lead day-to-day eyes and ears of your allocated accounts.
- To manage all jobs through agency systems and procedures, liaise with other teams as appropriate.
- Mentor Account Executives on your accounts.
- Establish business objectives for each client project and provide a full and detailed strategic proposal that meets given budget, deadlines and achieves the business objectives
- Manage own time effectively and understand the need to prioritise tasks or delegate where required, flagging if more resource is required
- Ensure all project activity is delivered within timeframe and to highest standards – taking responsibility and accountability for all internal resources and costs used on client work
- Maintain time reporting system to manage clients and projects efficiently and professionally
- Leverage client relationships for introductions to additional business units and brands
- Develops rapport with clients troubleshooting conflicts as they arise
- Leads the development of strategic solutions which build brand equity and deliver results for the client
- Plans and executes assignments that are on strategy, on time and on budget
- Delivers polished client presentations, both written and verbal
- Contribute during major creative or status briefing meetings internally or with a client (e.g new campaign)
- Ensure that estimates are understood and approved/PO’d by client – be able to explain and justify all the elements on an estimate to client
- Have a basic understanding of client’s marketing plan/targets/objectives as well as the agency client plan
- Have a thorough understanding of competitive market – category, brand, strategic implication and the wider sector/channel trends and developments.
- Distinguish between a good client brief and a poor client brief – know what questions to ask
- Judge creative ideas in terms of factual legal accuracy and relevance to and adherence to the creative brief
- Be able to distinguish between an advertising idea and an executional idea
- Have a thorough understanding of the brands’ conceptual target audience and those of the competitors
- To contribute at all times to the ethos and spirit of the agency
Reasons to accept this role:
- Competitive salary
- 12 month contract
- Free food and drink when in the office
- Close knit team – lots of support, learning, collaboration
- Good work/life balance – work hard but play hard and a friendly, fun team
- Full-time 12 month. Contract
- Available on application
- Account Management: 4 years (Required)
- Proven success in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team in achieving established objectives
- Regularly delivers quality work (creatively and strategically solid) within budget parameters
- Successful leadership of clients
- Successful negotiating skills
Required behaviours and competences
- Innovative – intelligent, clever, original. Searches for new and better ways of operating.
- Creative – originality of thought, expression. Imaginative.
- Connective – able to link and communicate with others, both clients and colleagues.
- Responsive – reacts to business needs and delivers on commitments works well in a fast paced environment, able to prioritise and problem solve
- Courageous – willing to take calculated risk. Challenges appropriately
- Engaging – able to quickly build relationships with clients and colleagues. Adept at successfully and appropriately delegating or managing up.