Communications Account Manager
We are looking for a talented Communications Account Manager to support our Communications Director. The agency is delivering communications strategies for some of the most exciting businesses in the financial sector and we have reached a point of growth whereby we need to expand the team with talent and energy that fits with the best-in-class ethos Free Partners’ prides itself on.
This role would be best suited to a candidate with at least two-years agency experience, who understands the importance of delivering on time and on budget and has experience of developing and executing PR and digital marketing plans and strategies. You’ll report to the Communications Director and will have authority over all associated accounts and will be supported by Free’s Marketing and PR Assistant.
- Be the lead day-to-day eyes and ears of your allocated accounts.
- To manage all jobs through agency systems and procedures, liaise with other teams as appropriate.
- Establish business objectives for each client project and provide a full and detailed strategic proposal that meets given budget, deadlines and achieves the business objectives
- Manage own time effectively and understand the need to prioritise tasks or delegate where required, flagging if more resource is required
- Develop rapport with clients troubleshooting conflicts as they arise
- Delivers polished client presentations, both written and verbal
- Ensure that estimates are understood and approved/PO’d by client – be able to explain and justify all the elements on an estimate to client
- Have a good understanding of competitive market – category, brand, strategic implication and the wider sector/channel trends and developments.
- Distinguish between a good client brief and a poor client brief – know what questions to ask
- To contribute at all times to the ethos and spirit of the agency
If this sounds like you please talk to us:
- Hold your own when it gets busy
- Develop strong relationships with senior clients
- Speak with authority around media channels, strategy and creative
- Manage budgets and timelines with multiple streams of work
- Develop a deep understanding of a client’s business environment and needs quickly
- Successfully deliver projects in a timely and professional manner
- Be resourceful in meeting client requests – able to diplomatically question and provide solutions for unrealistic onesHold your own when it gets busy
Required behaviours and competences:
- Innovative – intelligent, clever, original. Searches for new and better ways of operating.
- Creative – originality of thought, expression. Imaginative.
- Connective – able to link and communicate with others, both clients and colleagues.
- Responsive – reacts to business needs and delivers on commitments works well in a fast-paced environment, able to prioritise and problem solve
- Courageous – willing to take calculated risk. Challenges appropriately
- Engaging – able to quickly build relationships with clients and colleagues. Adept at success
Reasons to accept this role:
- Competitive salary
- 12 month rolling contract
- Free food and drink when in the office
- Close knit team – lots of support, learning, collaboration
- Good work/life balance – work hard but play hard and a friendly, fun team